Sunday, April 16, 2006

 

Eating $200 Worth of Chocolate

A few years ago I was working a conference in Vancouver. Our company hosts a small gathering during the event to thank the contributors to our magazine. For reasons only known to them the organizers canceled our catering. I spent a good part of the event running around the streets of downtown trying to find suitable gift bags and sweets to give our contributors when they arrived. The result is I spent $200 on bon bons. Later when we drove over the border-- being the conscientious employee that I am--I stopped at the border crossing to get a sales tax refund. I handed the woman my receipts and she asked me where all this chocolate was. I said cheerfully that we ate it. She didn’t believe me, but gave me my money anyway.

Today’s Lunch
Chopped broiled chicken breast, red chard, onion, roasted veggies, with rice pilaf and parm.

Chop a small onion and cook in a large skillet in 1 tbsp coconut oil. Wash and chop 4 leaves of chard and add to skillet when onions are translucent with salt and pepper to taste, cover. Chop up leftover chicken and roasted veggies from previous nights dinner out and add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes and add left over rice on top and cook until hot. Top with parm.

Notes: My husband calls Parmesan “vitamin P” because I add it to everything. I like the fresh grated kind that you find in health food stores and the deli section of the grocery store.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?