Monday, April 03, 2006

 

Moving On



Although the implications of it are not funny, I do love being able to say, "I live in a 100-year old farm house next to five hundred houses and a Super Wal-Mart." If all goes as planned we will soon leave our home of the past eight years. When we purchased the house it was at the end of a dead-end street and four enormous Cottonwood trees graced the front yard. Its 1,000-square- foot interior suited our lives well. It has grace, charm, and comfort in spades. Then came the development and we lost the irrigation ditch to a busy road, three of the trees to a sidewalk, and the cornfield to the houses. I know quite a few people who are happy living in those homes. Sadly for us it doesn't make as much sense to live here anymore. I'll miss her.

Today's Lunch
Red leaf lettuce topped with sweet potato, orange peppers, and parmesan tossed with balsamic vinaigrette.

Scrub sweet potato and cook at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool (I usually cook potato the night before). Wash lettuce and pat dry with a clean towel. Chop 1/4 of an orange pepper. Place all the ingredients in a Pyrex dish and toss or carry dressing separately and toss when ready to eat.

Notes:
I'm not good with salad dressings. I just don't have the skills. Some of my favorites are Drew's and Annie's. If you see a dressing with the name “Liz” on it, don't eat it. It is bound to have too much vinegar.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?