Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

Shopping Day


I am not much of a weekend cook. I get preoccupied with the makings of the weekend and I tend to eat more of the grab-and-go foods that one might think of as work food. The weekend is when I do most of my food gathering. I go to the farm and pick up my veggies and bread and shop at the grocery store. These are activities I never tire of. At the farm I gather my share of that week's harvest, visit with the farmers, frolic with any newborns that arrived during the week, and chat with other members. At the mainstream grocery stores I am amused by the advertisements and new food creations emerging daily, and at the health food store I get giddy when I find a new brand of non-homogenized milk.

Today’s Lunch
Cottage cheese with chopped apple and banana topped with cinnamon

Wash and chop apple. Peel and chop banana. Place cottage cheese in a pyrex container top with fruit and cinnamon.

Notes:
I love pyrex food containers. I have a set that comes in three sizes with lids. Plastic tends to hold food smells and tastes and it leaches chemicals into the food over time. Pyrex is easy to wash, too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?