Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

You Don't Have to Share Your Lunch

I was chatting with my coworker and friend in-between deadlines today. After reading my blog (she is also the artist who created “The Bite” at left from a photo of an apple and me), she asked if I had a plan when I went shopping. Nope, no plan—just a search for the good stuff. She faces more challenges in the shopping department than I do. I have a spouse that eats basically the same way I do and no children to feed that will only eat white or orange food. Life can get in the way of how we would like to eat. Maybe this is why I am passionate about lunch. You don’t have to share.

Today's Lunch
Black beans cooked with kale and onion, topped with salsa. Side of Nita Crisp crackers.

Chop onion and sauté in 1 tsp. coconut oil. Add 1 bunch of chopped kale and cover for five minutes or until Kale is tender. Add 1 can of black beans and heat, about another 5-10 minutes. Top with 2 tbsp of your favorite brand of salsa. Serves 2.

Notes:
Frontera Mild Roasted Poblano salsa rocks! I ate this dish like dip with flatbread crackers.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?