Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Memory Lane

Snapping beans reminds me of hot summer days spent on the screened-in porch of my father's country home. I would sit there in the evenings to escape the heat of the kitchen and snap beans. We grew broad beans that we would steam and eat with white rice slathered in tamari sauce. I love dinners with my dad as we always laugh a lot. It brings truth to the statistic that 80 percent of the most important conversations you have involve food.

Today’s Lunch
Steamed Green Beans topped with Toasted Almonds and Olive Oil

Wash bean and snap off both ends of each bean. Steam beans for about 12 minutes or until tender and set aside. Roughly chop whole almonds or use slivered almonds and add them to a dry skillet on medium-high heat. Toast until brown, shaking pan occasionally. Top beans with nuts and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. May be eaten hot or cold.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?