Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

I’m Average Average

Kevin O’Keefe wrote a book about his quest to find the average American. To start his quest he had to determine what traits the average American has. Then he set out to find someone who typified these traits. I took a pop quiz on line at his website (www.theaverageamerican.com) and it said I was exactly in between average and not so average. I am like the average American because I live within 20-minues of a Wal-mart, can name all three Stooges, and have lived in my home for at least five years. I’m not so average because I like chunky peanut butter, can name all three branches of the government, and would rather be president than in prison. If you are wondering who O’Keefe determined is the nations most ordinary citizen it is Bob Burns of Willimantic, Connecticut.

Today’s Lunch
Not So Average Banana Ice Cream

I freeze gobs of chopped up bananas that are almost past their prime in order to have fodder for this frequent treat. Place 5-6 banana chunks in a food processor and pulse until the banana is granulated. Add 4 tbsp coca power and pulse one or two more times. Switch the process on and pour a steady stream of milk into the mixture until it reaches the desired consistency, usually about a half a cup. It is really easy to pour too much milk and end up with a smoothie! Optional items in clued adding coconut, other frozen fruit (with or without coca powder) and substitution soy or rice milk for milk.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?